Delivering excellence for vulnerable customers in banking and insurance
The needs of the vulnerable form an essential consideration in any CX strategy
Head of Member Vulnerability, Access & Inclusion, Nationwide Building Society
Managing Director, Customer Engagement & Distribution , NatWest
Professional Standards Director, Chartered Insurance Institute
Vice President, Financial Services and Insurance Industry Market Leader, Pegasystems
Chief Customer Officer, Smart Communications
- Understanding and recognising vulnerability: what are the drivers of vulnerability today, and how are customers impacted throughout different stages of their lives?
- Championing respect, fair treatment and inclusion for vulnerable customers: embedding this thinking into organisational cultures
- A spotlight on product and service design: how can brands launch new products and support vulnerable customers with both speed and care?
- Digital-only communications: what are the benefits and the barriers for vulnerable customers?
- Tailoring communication channels to customers’ needs: how can this be achieved and rolled out at scale?
- Human, digital, hybrid: how important is the human touch for the vulnerable? How might chatbots be successfully applied here?
- Exploring AI and ML: how can banks and insurers identify vulnerable customers more quickly and offer a more personalised response?
- Pricing and payments structures: ensuring clear and transparent communication
- How can regulators, firms and consumer bodies work together to improve the treatment of vulnerable customers in years to come?
About Smart Communications
Smart Communications is a leading technology company focused on helping businesses engage in more meaningful customer conversations. Its Conversation Cloud™ platform uniquely delivers personalized, omnichannel conversations across the entire customer experience, empowering companies to succeed in today’s digitalfocused, customer-driven world while also simplifying processes and operating more efficiently. Smart Communications is headquartered in the UK and serves more than 650 customers from offices located across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Smart Communications’ Conversation Cloud platform includes the enterprise-scale customer communications management (CCM) power of SmartCOMMTM, forms transformation capabilities made possible by SmartIQTM and the trade documentation expertise of SmartDXTM. In 2021, the company acquired Assentis, a leading European software solutions provider specializing in customer communications management (CCM) with a focus on the financial services industry.
To learn more, visit smartcommunications.com.
Pegasystems, the leader in software for customer engagement and operational excellence, develops strategic applications for the insurance industry, including customer service, marketing automation, distribution management, claims and underwriting, helping insurers to win more business, exceed client expectations and work smarter.
To learn more visit www.pega.com/insurance.